Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pantone Emerald Challenge Entry

This is my entry for Pantone Emerald Quilt Challenge.  My category is quilt top.

I Don't Get It


The measurement is 62" X 42"

I used Kona Emerald, Kona Hibiscus is my other solid color.  Oakshott solids in green, Kaffe Fassett Shot cottons, Kaffe Fassett prints in green.  The neutrals were a linen, Kona Bone, Snow, and Ivory and a few Kaffe Fassett shot cottons.

The name I Don't Get It comes from my husband who wonders why I don't square up and why the strips aren't lined up. He said he just doesn't get it.  I, on the other hand, entirely love the way this turned out and don't worry about 'getting it'.  I tend to let more things roll and he likes to analyze.

  I cut the wedges freely without a ruler and it was fun.  Not something I would do with everything but this worked.  I learned that green does not photograph well, and the dark purple reads almost black here, but it is Hibiscus.  And if only you could see the Oakshott cottons in person, they just shimmer!  Some photos of the fabrics are here.  This was a new process for me to make a whole quilt, I have made improv blocks before.  And what I started out to make is only visible to me in the emerald groupings.  But, you know, I get it, and I just let it flow the way it wanted to.  I should hang this somewhere he will see it everyday.




8 comments:

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

I get it and its beautiful!!!!

Marci Girl said...

What do husbands know? HAHA! It is beautiful and I love it!

Leanne said...

I love it!

heart of charnwood said...

Beautiful! :o)

Jenny Squawk said...

Its perfect.

Julie said...

great improv!

Carol Jordan said...

Your quilt top looked great. So much fun to be a part of a great quilting group.

Catherine said...

I think it's really beautiful!