Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

So Many Projects!

I have this project together.  It doesn't have a name yet, and I have to quilt still; but it's together, yay!  Today I'll get a back, I'm thinking just black.  It will be a wall hanging due to the odd size and the tree painting, the back won't be shown.  

I mitered the corners.  Yep.  Me.  I hope to never do it again.

I've been working on Bee blocks.  This is a wonky star for one of my Bees.  I have overcommitted, totally.  But, enjoying them immensely.

This is a photo of the Coloseum (duh) I took on my trip to Rome in 2008.  I enlarged this photo to a 16X20, and reversed in the copying.  I have a lot of projects going and finished of photos from my trip to Rome.  It was a fabulous trip, and I could go on and on about it if you would allow me.  Just tell me to shut up if I start talking about it.  

I traced the image to butcher paper, and used bleach pen and discharge to put the image on black rayon.  This process was in Quilting Arts Magazine January 2010 issue.  Of course, when I was ready to start, and had ordered all the supplies, got the plexiglass, I couldn't find the magazine with the article and the directions, and I had to search on line, email the author, get another article, yada, yada, yada.  When I was finished with the whole thing, I, quite naturally found the magazine with the article.  I stretched the black rayon over a canvas, and popped it into a frame.  I added a bit of Tattered Angels Mist to the frame so it wasn't just black.  It is going on my studio wall.  The first thing I'll hang in there.  I'm slow about decision making for the walls.

This is a pencil drawing I did yesterday of my next project that is supposed to be done by March 25. Hey, I still have a week!  Luckily it is only 16X20.  But I haven't moved past the pencil drawing yet.  

Here are my supplies to get started on this project.  It is a wallhanging challenge with a local quilt group I'm in.  I've had 2 months, and I'm nothing if not a procrastinator.  

No comments: