Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2014

New York City

Every year I take a one day trip to New York City.  It's one of my favorite things to do all year.  A friend of mine charters a bus, we get on the bus at midnight on Friday, the bus drives us all night to the city.  We stop about an hour out of NYC for breakfast and to freshen up.  Then boom we are there!  We have all day Saturday to roam the city.  

This year a quilter friend went with me, and we met up with another quilter and we did a mini- fabric quilting tour of the city.

You may know @mushyhed and @nyc_christopher (The Tattooed Quilter) from Instagram.  

(Starbucks re-feuling)

Chen and I had both been to NYC many times, and Chris lives there, so although we saw a few sights along the way, this day was all about the fabric.

Mood was beautiful and overwhelming with choices



I purchased buttons, ribbon, and a beautiful piece of leather from Mood



This is where the Erin Wilson quilts were displaying


I wrote a post with more photos about these quilts here
I bought a large piece of oilcloth here and a yard of fabric

We saw a few sights on our journey from fabric store to fabric store


We rode the subway - one of us for the first time


The weekend we were there it was SantaCon - which makes for some interesting Santa sightings


Now back to fabric

Walking through the streets we came across a flea market


With an entire stall of African Indigo.  We had a lot of fun going through these cloths


Next stop - Purl SoHo


This hoop wall inside Purl made me want to have a hoop wall 


I purchased my first bit of Liberty at Purl

We saw the tree.  Barely.  Through a million people



Had great food,  good laughs, bought fabric, met a quilter friend in person, perfect day in NYC

Shout out to @nyc_christopher for taking us everywhere
Till next year!


Mary



1 comment:

Leanne said...

What a fun day!