Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015

Charley Harper Swap

I participated in a recent swap whose theme was 'Charley Harper Art'. 

It just so happens I have a stack of Charley Harper fabric.



My partner asked for a tote bag. I love the tote I came up with for myself as it is deep and tall, good for hauling loads of supplies, magazines, baby supplies. It is 15" tall with a depth of  6" and 13" length. 

This is one side I made for my partner. I traced Snowy Owl, fused him and added thread details. 

 

For the other side I cut up one of the fabrics in the line that was similar to a panel. I quilted both sides after layering with Pellon SF-101 and batting. My handles are cotton webbing wrapped and stitched with a thicker fabric that I also used for the bottom of the tote, the heavier wear areas. 





For one of the extras I made a Divided Fabric Basket 



Everything has been received and I had a nice thank you on Instagram. My package is on its way from Australia and I can't wait to see what I receive! 


No comments: