Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Marsala progress

I have been working here and there putting together my quilt top for the Pantone chaallenge.  
Details on the challenge are here

I wrote a post about my Kona color choice of 
Brick to match up with the Pantone color of Marsala, if you care to read.  

I had been playing with an idea for a quilt, and I will share details in another post about my ideas and name for this quilt, I decided this would be a good quilt for the idea I had been playing around with on paper.

All cut into squares, 14 different fabrics - all speaking Marsala to me. 





Have I ever mentioned how much I love Andover Fabrics 

A little bit of help (sort of) from a friend


My Marsala quilt top is now complete and its on to the quilting


"A Different Drummer" 
56" x 71" before quilting
I have used Kona Brick, Alison Glass, Kaffe Fassett, Andover Chambray, Andover textured linen (the white), Oakshott, some Aboriginal designed fabric from Australia, and maybe a few that I don't know the designer.  

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I really like how unique this quilt its!!!!!

carolaj3 said...

I like the quilt. Almost has VA Tech colors! I had to laugh at the bunny on the quilt. My kitties think a quilt on the floor is to roll on.
I like the tote bag - you have included enough details to take a lot of stufcf.
Good luck on the Pantone. I kind of like the color. I have seen some other partial tops for the competition and I think it was a challenge to make it.