Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Brazillion Bee Blocks Bash




 I belong to a butt load of flickr block exchanges and a local block exchange and I love everyone of them even though I sometimes feel like I'm the worst bee'er ever sending my blocks at the last minute!  I got myself behind on the Christmas Fabric Bee Exchange.  The girls in that bee are so talented and I'm intimidated and don't want to disappoint! 
This was my very first spider web block for Honey Bees.  There is a muslin base which was very helpful, this block was easier than it looks when completed, thank goodness - cause I was all 'ahhhhhrrggghhhh' I'll never make this look good.  But I think it does look good.  Yay me!  I'm doing a second spider web for a different bee and there are different directions and now I'm confused - which is easily accomplished.

Also did my first and second Garden Fence blocks.  Funny how certain blocks are popular and as soon as I make one in a Bee, I'm thinking I want to make those too.  This one was supposed to be aqua & orange, but the aqua on the orange center.  Luckily for me and my best friend seam ripper I didn't go too far down the wrong road.  Made a U right away.
 Aqua & Orange Garden Fence the way the Queen Bee wanted!
 Second Garden Fence - I think this one was for Sew Modern - a Bee'er in O'Canada.  Love her color choices, scrumptious.

I've been holding on to this little snowman couple for too long.  I had them finished for awhile, I was procrastinating the eyes and arms.  And the snow lady's little apron strings.  He is saying 'when's dinner' and she is saying "screw you, I have 400 little snowflakes to feed, make me reservations".  
 This quarter log cabin was for my local lovely group.  Yay for simple!  And batiks, she wanted batiks!  Luckily, I have, you know, a closet full from my batik phase.  
 Up on my design wall.  I keep putting these up and then taking them down without adding anything or making any decisions.  The work is old, like years ago, and I want the sunflower on the wall.  I'll get to it.  Machine appliqued & fused, in case you were wondering.  Except for the snow couple, those would be in the category of 'what doesn't belong in this photo'.

No comments: