Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And Then There Was None

And finally I have completed the very last of my November Bee blocks.  Now, I'm not sure what to do with all my free time!  (ABahhhh Hahhha).  Not really, it is my month in 2 bees in January, so I have to figure out what I'm doing and make plans.  These blocks are for Alisha with Sew 2 Speak Flickr group.   

I don't think you can tell from the photos, but these blocks are GINORMOUS.  18.5" square.  She cut the white sashing 1.5", instead of the usual 1" with the Mod Mosaic block. I loved Alisha's color combo of purple and grey.  This quilt will be huge!  Can't wait to see it.  

Some of the blocks I have received from my month in the Aqua and Orange Bee.  Also some Ginormous blocks.

I have these fused blocks from a bee this past year, and I had a lightbulb moment one night.  Luckily, when I woke up in the morning I had left the light on.   I had planned for these to be all white with just the houses in the centers.  

Instead I'm adding some Kona solids to frame the little houses.  

I had anxiety cutting down the white, after I had bee mates make these for me, with a requested white or white on white block.  But I would like to use the blocks rather than leave them sitting on the shelf another year, I'm sure they understand. 

This is how the blocks are coming out.  I'm not planning the frames, they won't be the same.  I am liking the effect.  I finished four and then this had to be put away for another day.  I'm supposed to be Christmas sewing.  

I had another lightbulb moment for these blocks.  These are also from a bee and I wasn't sure how to add the purple aviary.  I now have an idea, but it will have to wait for another day.  You know, that Christmas sewing I'm not doing yet.  
This is Peanut, he likes to play under the Christmas tree.  He isn't grumpy, he just looks that way.


2 comments:

Leanne said...

Those blocks are all wonderful! I especially love those little houses.

Spontaneous Threads said...

it's all wonderful, but the bunny is extra wonderful!