Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cheers all to 2014!

I'm not going to put any blogging resolutions on here - I know me - I will not keep them!  Baahhhaaa!  No really, I was feeling a bit of burn out at the end of the year, trying to think of things to say without just saying, 'here's my pictures'!  

I'm working on a plan to have more of my blog updates scheduled, which will help me with loading photos on the computer (such a pain).  But I will still do some spontaneous blog posts too.  Probably more of those than scheduled I think.  

Also, a blogging problem I am seeing more an more, Instagram.  It is so easy to post a photo and get instant feed back that it then seems redundant to post things on your blog.  And you just use your phone, versus having to load on to the computer.  However, those photos aren't the best, a lot of mine are night shots so the colors aren't true.  So I will save some things for the blog - and the special people reading - and not post everything on Instagram first.  If you haven't been on there yet, it is insanely fun and there are many swaps and quilt alongs happening there.  I see a movement away from Flickr - I am still posting there too, it is the best place for coordinating a swap and also some people don't have an Instagram account.  It isn't always easy to stay up to date with all the changes in the quilting / sewing community.

I'll show you this and I have some more saved items to post about later this week.  
I finished up most of the items for the Sports Nursery I showed you in November.







I am working on the quilt as the baby boy will be here any second.  Mama would like him to come home in his quilt.  

Happy Sewing All!  
Keep Calm and Quilt On!
Mary

No comments: