Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Joel Dewbaby

Obviously I know he is Joel Dewberry but, please can't a girl dream?  These are the blocks I have received from my flickr Bee group Threadheads.  I am not quite sure how I am going to work in the Bird fabric, I just put it up so I can see them all together.  I had posted instructions for this block here.  These are the blocks I have so far. 

And over at Sew Mama Sew they are having a Block Party Sew Along, you can read about it here, when they get to the month with my block I will be so far ahead!  This is my finished top from Joel Dewberry's Aviary 1 collection, I didn't take any photos in progress, but I did blog about all the damn colorways of Joel Dewberry Aviary 1 and 2 I possess here.  It is like an illness.  No, it isn't like one, it is one.  I'm sure you can relate.  I wanted to highlight the birds on the branches, and this is what I came up with, the corners are supposed to be nests, they were made from the scraps.  

No comments: