Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What I did in the Hurricane

In case y'all didn't know, we had a hurricane move through.  

There is a large pond behind my house, it always goes over it's banks and reaches into my yard.  

I had a big plan to sew all day during the storm.  Power went out at 10 a.m.  After a couple of hours, I asked if I could hook my sewing machine up to the generator.  So, this is my hurricane party set-up in the kitchen.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Here is our damage.  It could have been worse.

And it was, the pear tree lost all it's pears.  I had to pick up about a million limbs in the yard.  I told someone this, and then I thought, she knows I mean tree limbs, right?  Not, like, human limbs.  Although, I did feel like my own limbs were going to fall off.  

Here's my hurricane sewing.  More Sherbet Pips blocks.  

The day after a hurricane is always blue skies gorgeous.  Like a payback for the day before.

No comments: