Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Chutes and Ladders Block

This block is for Running With Scissors Bee, my month of August.
You will have enough for 1 block

  • 9 - 5" squares of Kona white
  • assorted 1" strips of Kona brights and a few prints


The white squares will be laid out like this:


This is an improv block so start adding strips of color as you are inspired.
The Konas are from the new colors; sprout, peapod, alegria, citrus, kumquat.

Slice, add a strip, sew together, slice again.


Add and add some more.  With 1" strips, your 5" square should always come back to 5" - measure occasionally, to stay in the guideline.  When I added this strip between the rows of white, I did have to take 1/2" off the bottom edge to bring me back to 5".  


Don't be afraid to slice, this is improv - go for it!


You should end up with a 14" square block.  I named it 'Chutes and Ladders'.  Reminds me of that game!


Thank you bee mates, I'm looking forward to a fun bright quilt!



No comments: