I've been on a Minky kick lately.
It took me some searching, but I found my basket full of Minky. Like, I knew I had this basket somewhere, and it's pretty big. Where was it hiding? In the closet, in the back, hidden behind more outdated fabric. And I had a whole yard of flannel in this basket for the baby receiving blanket I was making! Bonus.
I broke out the neglected 180 to sew the edges of this blanket. I learned from this one that I wanted the edge stitching to be wider, and this baby has a 9 mm opening. It is gigantic.
See? If only the 'bobbin low' beep worked - she would be perfect. But she sits in the closet mostly, because she isn't the newest Bernina in the house. When I bought this one, I was going to do ALL this embroidery. Ha!
Minky is messy. I have a lot of minky scraps now, and I would like to use them in an actual quilt, but I am very afraid of the mess this project will make.
I went around the edges twice on this one, extra hardiness. Also, the bobbin ran out 3 times while sewing and I wanted to go over the starts and stops. Then I remembered another reason I don't often use this machine, the thread that can be held on the bobbin is minimal. Hate it.
I'm in a Japanese Fabric Charm Swap on Flickr.
I love the Japanese Fabrics!
I signed up for 2 spots so I could have extra goodies!
I'm fabulously early on this swap, mailing today for an end of September deadline.
That's because I only had to cut the fabric.