Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

More Minky & Charm Swap

I've been on a Minky kick lately.
It took me some searching, but I found my basket full of Minky.  Like, I knew I had this basket somewhere, and it's pretty big.  Where was it hiding?  In the closet, in the back, hidden behind more outdated fabric.  And I had a whole yard of flannel in this basket for the baby receiving blanket I was making!  Bonus.


I broke out the neglected 180 to sew the edges of this blanket.  I learned from this one that I wanted the edge stitching to be wider, and this baby has a 9 mm opening.  It is gigantic.


See?  If only the 'bobbin low' beep worked - she would be perfect.  But she sits in the closet mostly, because she isn't the newest Bernina in the house.  When I bought this one, I was going to do ALL this embroidery.  Ha!


Minky is messy.  I have a lot of minky scraps now, and I would like to use them in an actual quilt, but I am very afraid of the mess this project will make.


I went around the edges twice on this one, extra hardiness.  Also, the bobbin ran out 3 times while sewing and I wanted to go over the starts and stops.  Then I remembered another reason I don't often use this machine, the thread that can be held on the bobbin is minimal.  Hate it.


I'm in a Japanese Fabric Charm Swap on Flickr.
I love the Japanese Fabrics!


I signed up for 2 spots so I could have extra goodies!


I'm fabulously early on this swap, mailing today for an end of September deadline.
That's because I only had to cut the fabric.


Miss Muddy.  



1 comment:

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Miss Muddy is adorable. She really didn't mean to and really was sad you took a photo.. I can tell!

The minky is great.