Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

A few things for Christmas

I've been steadily getting through Christmas items.
Like this one.


This is some of the out of print fabrics I went on a rampage for a couple of weeks ago.
I am in love with this pillow cover - but it is a gift and headed to it's new home.


I didn't follow a pattern for the pillow cover, and I've only made one other one.
This one turned out much better than the first.  I added a lining to the back fabric, to help with stability.  I used a simple envelope style back.  



I think the trick to the pillow covers is to make them smaller than the pillow form.  I read that somewhere, so I did it here, and the cover fit snugly around the pillow form.


I finished another quilt, which I will have to add on another post - but here are some of the blocks I used



I have also finished scarves, bee blocks and now I'm tired and cranky.
My output has been tremendous, and it isn't over yet.  Still have a few more days to go, and one more quilt to attempt to get out the door.  
I hope all of you are having good days leading up to the Holidays.  I am still waiting for my grandbaby to get here, and the mama is getting impatient.  She is also tired and cranky.



7 comments:

Linda said...

Love your pillow(or cushion as we say here in the good old UK!). How exciting waiting for the baby to arrive! Hope all goes well.

jeifner said...

I Love that fabric! Where on earth did you find it?! I wish that pillow were on the way to my home :)

Leanne said...

Those are beautiful makes. I hope you are able to enjoy all that sewing and the holidays too.

qwilltr said...

Here's hoping Calvin comes soon...is the stubborness a family trait? I thought when you said he was coming that was way too easy for a first baby! Your pillow is cute. You need to come help me finish getting my blog up sometime...but not yet. I have a cold again and I don't want you giving something to mama or Calvin.

Diane Barfield said...

Beautiful pillow. I too learned the trick of making the pillow cover a little smaller than the insert. Have a great holiday.

Unknown said...

That pillow was my gift!!! I LLOOOOOVVVEEE that pillow. Mary is a VERY good friend as I told her how much i loved that fabric (Erin Michaels / Lush line - good luck on hunting. I look all the time and have found little bits. Mary hit the mother load!!)

I am such a lucky girl.

And again.....Merry Christmas Grandma!!!

Unknown said...

That pillow was my gift!!! I LLOOOOOVVVEEE that pillow. Mary is a VERY good friend as I told her how much i loved that fabric (Erin Michaels / Lush line - good luck on hunting. I look all the time and have found little bits. Mary hit the mother load!!)

I am such a lucky girl.

And again.....Merry Christmas Grandma!!!