Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Have Quilt - Waiting for Baby

As I told my son - The Quilt is finished, you can have the baby now!
(Obviously, my daughter in law is having the baby, but my son, like many men, thinks he is participating HAHAHA)


If you didn't read my previous post about upcycling a baby quilt of my son's into a new quilt for his son, this is a photo of the old quilt (left) and the new (right).



The original quilt was hand pieced and tied.  I tried to keep the color value and style of the original while adding a bit of modern and making everything a bit stronger so it will last another generation.  I quilted a grid, I didn't want anything fancy, as the old quilt was only tied.  


I backed with flannel for extra snuggly goodness.


The binding is an older Kaffe Fassett print, I liked the brightness of this print holding everything together.



Now, we just need a new baby to snuggle in this quilt, and we'll be all set.

Calvin is due Christmas Day, and I can't think of a better way to end this month, a bit of life, a bit of hope, a bit of renewal.

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~ Anne Bradstreet

1 comment:

Leanne said...

What a wonderful quilt for your new grandchild. You son must be so pleased that you have used his quilt this way. I wish a speedy and safe delivery.