Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Baby Quilt on the way

Ohhhh, I picked out some great fabrics for a baby quilt.



There is a plan for this quilt, which I will get to in another post -
because things went astray.

As tends to happen

I needed to cut 3 1/2" squares for a finished 3" block.

So I cut them all 3"
I don't need to measure twice, I need to think twice.  



Yep, a whole bunch of them.  Good job!
Then I cut a bunch the 3 1/2" size I needed, but I was running out of some of the fabrics I had already cut into 3" squares.



And while working on THAT quilt - not ready for it's photo show yet - I couldn't stop thinking about the little 3" squares, all stacked up, rejected, no home, waiting for the scrap pile.

I came up with a quick plan for another baby quilt using the 3" squares made into 4 patches, and adding some animal prints in alternate blocks (and a few solids)



It's not quilted, yet - just a topper - but a cutie!  



Four patches are amazing!  The little bunny print is from Spoonflower, the elephant print is a Dear Stella, and I don't know what the Owl print is, it was in a fat quarter pack, no selvage.  Little animals just scream baby quilt.
Oddly, I got all the chevrons to go in the same direction.  I will add a border to make it just a little bit bigger.  


And I put together some of my Postage Stamp Blocks, all from left over 2 1/2" squares that had previously been cut for a different project




And you have one more day to Enter the Give Away for: 


Thanks everyone for the great comments in your entries! 



2 comments:

jeifner said...

Such darling fabrics for the baby quilt. Thinking twice-true that :)

Nat at Made in Home said...

Great fabric for the baby quilt, loved the little bunnies one, will have to go over at spoonflower!