Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

OOP New Obsession



It goes down like this:

Me:  Did you get me anything for Christmas yet?
Husband:  Why?  Did you get yourself something already?
Me:  Don't jump to conclusions.
Him:  I haven't shopped yet.  Is it even December?  
Me:  Ok, well don't get me anything.  
Him:  Because you bought yourself something.
Me:  Well, see, there is this fabric....
Him:  Why is it always fabric? 
Me:  Well, sometimes it's a book or rulers or patterns.  But anyway, I found this fabric that I have to have.
Him:  That's not much of a Christmas.
Me:  Well it's out of print.  And hard to find. And expensive.
Him:  How expensive?  
Me:  Well, it's really hard to find. I was searching and emailing for days.  I have to have it!  
Him:  And it is how expensive?
Me:  It has to be this.  
Him:  How expensive?
Me:  Well, Merry Christmas to me, and don't look at the PayPal account.
Him:  Is it more than the jewelry I was going to get you?
Me:  Wait, you were going to buy me jewelry?
Him:  Well, you'll never know now.  Merry Christmas.  Put some of that fabric in your stocking.

You guys understand right?  

Still time to enter Sew Mama Sew Give Away Day drawings.  Stop by and visit some of the other blogs, there are wonderful things to win!





My Give Away is HERE, for a package of 50 Wonderclips
Drawing December 7
Just enter a comment on that page to enter.


And there is still time to get involved in the Postage Stamp Block Swap on Flickr






6 comments:

Kristy QP said...

Lol! Love it!

But do tell - what fabric?!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Okay, what did you score??? I do understand and love your conversation. Quilt husbands are the best.

ecseteacher said...

I can totally relate! Etsy is awesome for feeding that obsession!

Colleen said...

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have fabric than jewellery!

Taya@TypeB said...

That is hilarious, Mary! It's so hard to describe the fabric hunt to non-fabriholics :) Can't wait to see what you make with your score!

FiberOfAllSorts said...

OMG my fella and I read this aloud. We are rolling! Yeah this is sooo us too! ♥