Search This Blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I already have that fabric

I had some out of town company, which was fun, shopping, eating out, window shopping, showing off sewing projects (she isn't a sewer, but she is a scrap booker, which is like making little quilts with paper, so she gets it).  
Her sister is having a baby and they were talking about someone on Etsy making the crib set.  They asked me if I could make a quilt to match the crib set.  Being the jump in with both feet eyes closed person I am, I said I would make it all.

Me:  I'm going to make the crib bumpers, bed skirt, and a pillow for D.
Husband: Have you ever made those before.
Me:  Of course!  I've made a pillow.
H:  And the rest?
Me:  And the quilt goes without saying.
H:  You've never made those things before.
Me:  Here is the best part....
H:  I see you are just ignoring my obvious statements.
Me:  She had this fabric line picked out that she had only seen on-line
H:  How is that the best part?
Me:  She told me the name, I looked at it on line, and then I went and dug through those shipments I got last week, because the print looked familiar.
H:  What shipments?
Me:  And I already had the fabric!  Can you believe that?  
H:  Sadly, yes.  
Me:  That was the best part.
H:  About those shipments?
Me:  I'm still ignoring you.  

Internet was spotty at our house for the last two weeks, and I can only sneak on to blogs and Flickr at work so much.  When I did have service at home, I had to do things like email, pay bills, and tax planning.  Yippee (said sarcastically).  Finally I got it through the Motorola customer service that our router was bad, which I told the man in the first 5 minutes of our conversation.  After over an hour, he agreed with me.  I wanted to call his wife and tell her she needs to work a little harder on getting him to see that we are right and it is easiest to just agree immediately.  

I did get to some of the bee blocks for January this week, here is a line up:

These four are for the 3X6 Bee on Flickr, I'm in the solids group.  I have two more to make.  This is my second round of this bee, I will need at least one more round to have enough blocks in my color choice for a quilt.  







This block is my second to last for the Running with Scissors flickr bee.  I love the Ring of Flying Geese block, and Carrie told us the triangle fabrics belonged to her Grandmother.  It is going to be a sweet quilt with the connection to her Grandmother.  



I am playing around with thread painting on a mini top.  Here is a sneak peek.


I'm not sure where this is going, but it has been fun just playing around and letting the design come about on its own. 

I hope you all had a week where you accomplished some sewing.  I would love to see, if I don't already visit your blog, list a link in your comments, and I will come by for a visit and start following.  

7 comments:

Leanne said...

I love the solids in the blocks and the thread painting. You will have fun sewing the crib set. Maybe your guy needs more quilts of his own to get him on board? Mine has a far more expensive hobby than quilting, so I'm always good.

heart of charnwood said...

Love the solids blocks, I finished my blocks on the deadline day and it was a huge relief. : )

jeifner said...

I love where that thread painting is heading! I don't remember if you've stopped by my blog yet or not but I'm in your solids hive :)

jeifner said...

p.s. that conversation had me laughing and laughing

Sorrel said...

Ha Ha! Your conversation with your husband is making me laugh. Love the HST blocks, too.

Sarah_L_N said...

Haha, your conversation cracked me up! I read it out to my husband, who laughed wryly and shook his head... think it must remind him of someone, no idea who!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

That is the best part! That totally rocks. ♥